Maintaining your floors protects the investment you've made in your floors. We tailor programs to the level of traffic your floors receive and your stone's specific properties. Scheduled visits allow for assessment of wear and application of protective sealers as needed to ensure the long life of your floors.
Between maintenance visits you can take steps to protect your investment and ensure your floors show well. Our experts will recommend a specific self-care regime for your floors. Here are some best practices that apply to all natural stone.
• Use only gentle, non-acidic and non-abrasive cleaning products. We can recommend brands that are green and non-damaging to your floors.
• Grit can cause scratching so dry mop often to remove any dust and sand.
• Bt up any spills immediately. Sealants will bead the liquid but with time it will sink in. The sealant gives you the time to clean it and avoid damage.
• In wet weather use non-slip mats at entrances to keep water off of your natural stone.
• Ensure that sharp or heavy objects are not dragged across the stone as these can cause scratching and chipping.
• Any furniture should have felt pads attached to the feet or legs.
• Avoid waxing the floor as this can cause discolouration.
• Avoid any products with vinegar, lemon or ammonia. Even cleaning a glass door or table can result in acidic spray across your floor so care is needed.
Call us if you have any concerns about your floor. We will be glad to do an unscheduled visit to assess the situation.